Can you achieve outstanding results without commitment?
When in search of an outstanding candidate, a company can take two routes. The first is what we call a "shotgun" approach, whereby multiple search firms are engaged in the belief that a wider cross section of talent will be presented. In this scenario, each firm is racing to present their candidates first, often not taking the time to truly understand the hiring company’s culture and needs. Further, they may take short cuts and simply turn to their top of mind candidates, rather than invest the time to delve more thoroughly into the market.
The result? The fit factor can be compromised, and the hiring company is left with the burden of screening and short–listing from this multiple choice approach.
The second approach is one that requires commitment on a company’s part – but ultimately delivers the most powerful results.
The value of an exclusive relationship – A better fit
Permanent Search Group believes that an exclusive relationship is the smart choice for a hiring company, and a candidate. Here’s why:
- An exclusive relationship ensures the highest commitment to your success.
- Essential to a successful placement is an ability to not just fit a candidate to a company’s needs, but to ensure there is a culture fit – this takes time and significant resources to get it right.
- PSG is able to dedicate the time and resources to be fully engaged in uncovering and retaining valued Human Capital.
- Being strategic requires an investment by both parties, and allows for milestones to be set and goals to be realized.
- Candidates realize that their time will not be wasted as the potential employer is committed wholeheartedly to finding some of the best talent in the field.
- By engaging in an exclusive relationship, we are more effectively able to direct talent to where it’s wanted. And needed.